Friday, May 22, 2009

Got the splint out!!!

I just got back from seeing the wonderful Dr. Relle. Wow, that splint was really in there. Lots of wire cutting and snipping and pulling and then it was out. It felt weird at first and the top of my mouth behind my front teeth is numb. It felt really gross behind my front teeth so I asked if I could brush. That felt great. He said that my splint was really clean. I owe it all to the water pic. That thing is priceless.

So right now my teeth are hitting on a high point so Dr. Paz may have to shave down that tooth. My teeth aren't touching completely on the whole left side, but Dr. Relle said it should all settle into place. I am wearing two rubber bands. Ideally, I would have seen Dr. Paz immediately after I saw Dr. Relle today, but because it's a Friday and long weekend, I won't be seeing him until Tuesday.

Well, I am off to eat .... what else? Rice and beans!! Whoohooo! (still no chewing allowed)

8 comments:

sjp said...

when did you get clearance from your OS to use your waterpik? i have one but was told i couldn't use it. I really wish i could! it was so helpful with my braces!

congrats on being able to brush and feel clean!

Aimee said...

I didn't have any clearance. :) He never even mentioned it and I never asked. I just used it on the lowest setting. For me, all my stitches are up under my gums, so there was no harm in cleaning the splint area. Hope you're feeling better!

steffiD said...

Congrats Aimee! So I need details...how does it feel without it? Stable? Are you able to eat thicker consistency now...are you able to talk better? Ques, I've been getting these allergic rxs since my surgery...I think it may be from the anesthia but can't quite pinpoint it. 3 in 3 wks on fridays (had surg. on a thurs) Weird but I thought I just ask if anyone else had this happen... Have a good wkd!

Rita said...

So glad your splint is out. I am happy for you. Keep doing well. Bless ya.

Katherine (Kate) said...

YAY!! That has got to feel great! And always nice to hear your efforts at cleanliness paid off (whether they know how we accomplish this or not, is not always any of their business,haha).

Bring on the Rice and Beans! With a side of Guacamole?

stephanie said...

HURRAYYY!!!! I'm glad it's finally out!! How does it feel?

Aimee said...

It feels great to have the splint out. Another day with that thing in my mouth and I was going to go crazy. I can talk normally now. As for thicker foods, I haven't really tried any...still eating lots of rice and beans. :) (No side of guacamole but that's an idea!)My mouth doesn't get as gross after eating though; much easier to clean. My mouth definitely feels stable without the splint. I have my rubberbands on still, so that makes it feel more stable also. I don't know about the rashes. I would ask the doctor about it. Maybe it's from your pain meds. What are you taking?
And now I can attest to the fact that it DOES get better in time!! :)

Steph said...

So glad to hear you're doing well, love the photos, you look great!