Sunday, May 17, 2009

Day 19, Not as Crabby

Today wasn't too bad. My husband, son and I went to lunch at PF Changs and I actually got some food down. We ordered Kung Pao Tofu with extra sauce and I was able to cut the tofu up in small pieces and eat it. I also drenched the (brown) rice with the (spicy, delicious) sauce and got it down with no problem. It was so very good. We topped it off with PinkBerry. Yum. I was in heaven. Later on for dinner we went to an Indian restaurant and I did the same thing with the rice and the extra sauce from the entree. It wasn't as good as the Chinese food (harder to get down) but it was better than nothing. This is the most I have eaten in one day in the past 17 days. I never knew how much I love to eat. I will never take eating for granted again. :)

On the face front, my swelling has gone down quite a bit. My chin is pretty much totally numb. It's a really gross feeling, especially when I am washing my face. The feeling on the left side of my nose is starting to come back. My chin is totally broken out. I don't know if it's from the anesthesia or what, but zits on a numb chin = totally gross. I really can't believe it's day 17. The time goes by so fast.

P.S. I honestly don't know how people with braces and people recovering from jaw surgery can live without a water pic. It's been a life saver with this splint in my mouth. Definitely worth purchasing if you are going through this.


Rita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rita said...

Hey Aimee, Glad you are feeling better. Eating sure does help. LOL I feel the say way about taking eating for granted. I used to say I was too busy to eat, now I know better. My water pic was wonderful with the splint also. It would have been totally gross to have that thing taken off if it had held all the gunk from 5 weeks.

I am glad the swelling is going down for you. Are you still sleeping sitting up? I was told I could lay down now, but I am still waking up with some morning swelling after laying down. ?????

And you are right about time. I cannot believe it is flying so fast. I don't think time went this fast when I was a child. Oh well.

I hope you have a wonderful day today. Blessings!!!

Discantus said...

Glad to hear things are getting better and better, I can't imagine how good proper food after living off liquid goo for over 2 weeks!

How are the teeth and the bite looking and feeling?

changes911 said...

it's been 17 days already!?! It's prolly gone by faster for me, then for you....since your the one going through it lol! :) I'm glad that you are able to eat! You got me in the mood for indian food now!

N<3 said...

hi Aimee, glad you had a good day! hope everythings just gets better and better for you :)

Aimee said...

Thanks you guys! Rita, I never knew how much not eating can affect a person. I always used to think I was too busy to eat or would just "forget" to eat but food is awesome. I will never take it for granted again.

I haven't been sleeping sitting up in a long time. I think after the first week, I started sleeping on my side. The doctor never told me not to. I just assumed it was okay after I kept waking up on my side after falling asleep sitting up. I definitely have morning swelling.

I can't really tell how much teeth/bite look because of this splint. The feeling is starting to come back in my gums and it hurts sometimes. I can tell they had to shave down some more of my teeth during surgery. Maybe I'll have to get veneers after I am finished with my braces. I never liked the look of my teeth anyway. I had lots of medications as a kid and it kind of messed them. We'll see...One thing at a time.