Sunday, May 10, 2009

Day 11 (Yesterday) Best Day So Far


I have to agree with Indiana and Jaw Surgery Aficionado, Day 11 has been the best day so far. My mom and I walked down to a shopping center not too far from here and shopped for a little bit. It felt good to get out. My bff came over made me fresh juice with her juicer. It was delicious. I took a nap. And then in the evening we all went out to dinner to celebrate my son's 12th birthday. Everybody had delicious meals, except me. I ordered a strawberry/banana smoothie with a side of chocolate syrup. Not very satisfying, although I think my 8-year-old was a little jealous. :)

Stephanie noticed that my eyes look different so I was just looking at the pictures to check them out. It looks like my left eye is lower than my right eye. Is that because of the swelling?? I hope so. That is weird!





11 comments:

V said...

Glad things are getting better and better! And looking FAB! :) xxx

Riot Nrrrd™ said...

Hi honey, if the left eye thing doesn't change, maybe it's genetic? My left eye is noticably lower in my skull than my right eye. So maybe it's just your Earle heritage manifesting itself :)

Love,

- Greg

Aimee said...

LOL, really? I never noticed it before ~ not on you nor on myself. Weird. I hope it's just the swelling. :)

Rita said...

You are looking great. Glad you are feeling better. I had swelling higher on the right side of my face making my eyes look different than before. I think you will be fine. : )

x said...

Hi Aimee, glad you had a good day! hope the rest of your days are the same! take care :)

sjp said...

great to hear you are feeling better!

Summer said...

Thanks for the sweet comment, Aimee! You're looking great - I can't believe how much the swelling has gone down. So glad you're feeling better and remember it will only get better from here:)

Stephanie said...

You are looking great! Oh -- and about the strange facial things that look lopsided and crooked ... try not to worry about it too much yet. A lot of it has to do with the swelling, and even when you think the swelling is mostly gone, you'd be surprised. My smile seemed crooked to me forever, but it straightend out. If you are really concerned, ask your OS in your next visit, but if it wasn't crooked before surgery it probably won't be after.

Aimee said...

Thanks you guys! LOL I would hate to come out of this surgery with a lopsided eye. ;)

stephanie said...

You're looking so much less swollen! What a great profile! It would be the weirdest thing I've ever heard of coming out of jaw surgery - a lopsided EYE?! I'm sure it's just swelling, and will go back ot normal soon.

Steph said...

I didn't think your eye looked lopsided! Its probably just the swelling, I didn't mean to make you worry about something else, lol!

Poor thing, it must have been hard to sit and watch everyone else eat. Hope you're feeling good today.