Saturday, May 16, 2009

A crabby post...

I am very, very crabby today. I am so sick and tired of having this splint in my mouth, I could SCREAM!! It comes out on Friday, which seems so far away right now. I am hungry and nothing I eat tastes good when I have to basically swallow it whole. I tried some pasta and butter today and thought I was going to choke to death because it was getting stuck when I swallowed. I quickly gave up on that idea. It's to the point where it's too much trouble to eat and I don't even want to. I'm trying to keep hydrated. I'm going to try and eat some egg flower soup later on. I am so sick of soup. Someone mentioned that I should be drinking Ensure. The word ENSURE makes me want to puke. I never again want to think about, look at, smell, or taste Ensure. Ugh, so gross.
So there's my bitchy post for the day. Sorry, but I had to get it off my chest. :)

3 comments:

Rae said...

hi there. just happened by your post and then saw this blog right after and thought maybe it could be useful. Jaw BlendsHang in there. Everyone (orthodontia/surgery patients on blogger) seems to be in a rut lately.

Rita said...

You are doing fine. Venting is okay and may make you feel better.

The main thing right now is not to stress out. It will get better. I never had any Ensure and I have done just fine. Try to get your vitamins in when you can.

Maybe you could try some blended sweet potatoes. I found that was good. Different flavor mike shakes are good too and they have milk to give you strength.

You are going to make it. I promise. : )

stephanie said...

It's okay to be ticked off and tired. I'm glad you're still posting.

Have you tried milkshakes or melted ice cream? If you're a sweet-type person, I've read about people eating cheesecake batter stuff... What about a fruit smoothie? I'm sure you're tired of them, as well...

I was running a race today and after the race they gave out Muscle Milk, which I had heard of but never tried - and it wasn't bad! I tried the chocolate and my friend had the banana and they were both pretty good! Mine (the chocolate) had maybe 250 calories and 25 grams of protein - so maybe something like that could help you? There was also vanilla.

Hopefull you have a better day tomorrow. Thinking of you!