Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tomorrow's the Big Day

I went and had a pre-op pedicure with my mom today. I can't believe tomorrow is the big day. I'm trying not to be nervous, but I am. The hospital still hasn't called me to confirm my surgery time. I'll call them in a few minutes to see if they can let me know. My family and I are going to go out to dinner in awhile. I hope I'm not too nervous to eat! :)

Oh yeah, the surgeon let me know that he will be moving my top jaw forward 4mm and the bottom back (didn't tell me how much) and rotate it.

I'll update as soon as I can.

8 comments:

sjp said...

Aimee,
I will be thinking about you tomorrow! Hope everything goes well!
--Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Aimee:
Will be thinking of you. Thank you so much for your blog and for sharing your experience with a fellow
braces/jaw surgery candidate (in Sept 09 for sleep apnea). Take good care. Look forward to hearing from you when you come out of surgery.
Julie

stephanie said...

Good luck!! Thinking about you tomorrow!!

Lisa said...

good luck!!!!!!
Im sure everything will go fantastic!

Maria L. said...

I'm thinking of you...I wish you the best tomorrow and during your recovery!!!
--Maria

Kam said...

Wee! How exciting! You'll be in my thoughts!

Discantus said...

Hi Aimee,

I've been calling in on your blog for a while now, and just wanted to add my best wishes for a great result. Look forward to reading about your recovery :)

Discantus

Katherine (Kate) said...

The actual deed will now be done, the nervous part done and over with. Now you get to focus 100% on YOU and the healing your body is going to accomplish.
\
Will be sending those bone-knitting, swelling-subsiding, full-of-patience thoughts your way and wishing you all the best through the next few days. Rest up, drink up and can't wait to hear all about it when you're feeling up to it :)