Friday, April 17, 2009

Holy Cow...



My ortho just called. I have to go in AGAIN. He looked at my molds from yesterday and they didn't fit exactly right. So he has to do a little more grinding, take my wires off again, take more molds, put my wires back on. I'm glad he's being so thorough and wants my bite to be as close to perfect as possible after surgery but I just wanted to stay home and clean today!! :)

UPDATE: Just got home. In addition to putting my wires back on after the molds, the ortho put on some little wire things around my brackets in what he called "figure eights" They are to keep my teeth from moving at all before the surgery. Hopefully we are all set with the molds for awhile. I'm really not a fan of them.

9 comments:

V said...

You'll be thankful! The thoroughness got to me before surgery but the ortho told me today I'll probably only be in braces for 2 months - hurrah! It'll be worth the effort hun, and you'll have the most perfect smile after! xxx

Katherine (Kate) said...

Wowza! Do you get "frequent flyer miles" out of all this?

V's right, it will be worth it for less hassle later :) Annoying in the meantime, I'm sure.

Rita said...

I know it is not fun, but I agree... it will be worth it! Be happy! : )

stephanie said...

I have those figure 8 things. They're crazy annoying to eat with and floss with, but they're doing their job of keeping my teeth together while we're closing gaps and expanding my upper palate :)

Maria Loup said...

Thorough ortho - check
Meticulous oral surgeon -check
Determined patient - check
Jaws that fit along with the perfect smile - priceless!!!

Boot camp is almost over, and you're doing great. You should feel VERY proud :)

nabukay said...

hey i've had figure eights for months, yeah it just means cleaning your teeth is even more tricky. but they def make your teeth stay put.

Aimee said...

I'm not really noticing the figure 8's much at all. I do have one door on my damons that wouldn't close, so they had to tie it shut and the metal keeps grabbing my cheek and ripping it to shreds. I hope they can close it on Monday.

Thank you for the comments you guys! I'm so excited for V and Rita! Kate, Stephanie and I will be on the other side in no time. :)

corrinamurdy said...

I had figure eights put on me when my first orthodontist went bankrupt and skipped town. Do I have nothing but awful stories about orthodontics? It just goes to show that it's worth it to have people working on you that know what they're doing, even if it means re-measuring. Did you get the blunt hook things put on the brackets? Alma just got those.

Aimee said...

Hi Corrina,
Wow, Alma got her hooks put on early. I get mine put on a week before surgery on the 22nd. I hear they are pretty uncomfortable. Did she say much about them?
My orthodontist mentioned twice that Dr. Relle is the best oral surgeon in L.A., so Alma can rest assured she is in good hands. :)