Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Surgical Hooks Are On!

I went to the ortho today to get my surgical hooks put on. It only took about a 1/2 hour. There were a total of 8 put on. They don't feel too bad, just a little more bulk. Dr. Paz told me that Dr. Relle made a special trip down to see him to talk about my case. Dr. Paz said it has been many years since Dr. Relle has done this for one of his patients. I asked if this means that I am a difficult case, but he didn't really say much. He did say that he thinks I will have a good result. Part of the problem is that I have the dental implants and they have to work around that. I know I am in good hands, so I'm not too worried.
As for my nerves, I am feeling much better. Thank you to those of you who left comments. It means a lot. :) It is helpful to know there are so many of you who have already been through this and don't have any regrets.
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that I am breaking out like crazy...I guess it's the stress. :)
My pre-op appointment is on Monday. I'm really looking forward to having all of my questions answered.

UPDATE: I don't know why the girl told me I was getting 8 surgical hooks. I counted them last night and I have either 16 or 18. It's hard to tell ~ some are clear and some are metal.

11 comments:

Katherine (Kate) said...

Only 6 more sleeps! Hip-hip...

Hooks are on, pre-op Monday, you're sailing now :)

You mentioned in your last comments about breaking out~ I have a couple impressive 'boils' I've been wenching about that I've been blaming on otherwise unfelt stress. The face knows even when we won't think about it right? haha. It makes us look 'youthful' ;)

funkyrhodes said...

Sheesh, only 8?!?!? How did you get so lucky?

Aimee said...

Yeah, gotta love the zits. lol

Ohh, I meant to update that. When the girl was putting the hooks on, I asked her how many she was doing and she told me 8. Last night I counted them. There are 16. I didn't get so lucky afterall. :)

stephanie said...

I can't believe how close you are!! I'm so excited for you!!!

Aimee said...

I can't believe it either!! OMG. 5 more days.

Rita said...

You are going to do great! If I can do it, you can too. Everyday that goes by, I am more and more happy with my results. Even with the few hard days, I now think it is worth it. Try not to stress to much. We will be right here with ya. Blessings!!!!! : )

sjp said...

Aimee, I'm really excited for you! i recently started reading your blog. I'll be having my surgery in about 3 weeks, it is nice to know we can all share our struggles and joys! I look forward to reading about your progress, and wish you well!

Steph said...

I'm really happy for you Aimee, I know this has been a long time waiting. Before you know it, your recovery will just be a memory! Let me know if you want to borrow my juicer, its awesome. If you need anything at all, I can be there in a matter of minutes!

x said...

Hi Aimee, I've been reading your blog for a while now and just wanted to say hi and goodluck ! It must be so exciting! I wish you the best! I look forward to reading up on your progress! :)

Aimee said...

Thank you all for you comments. :) I'm feeling really nervous. I can't believe it's only 1 day away. I hope my results are good. I would hate to go through this and not have it make much of a difference. We shall see. I'll update as soon as I can. Thanks again!

Katherine (Kate) said...

WOWZA! Last sleep it is!

All the best to you tomorrow, Aimee, will be sending lots of thoughts your way tonight too, battling those last minute jitters.

You are going to do this and once that initial recoup is under your belt, It will SO be worth it~ Keep imagining: those top teeth IN FRONT of the lowers... It's going to be a reality! Cool! All the best to you :)